Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweating in Tamale

I stayed on the first floor of the Al hassan hotel last night. Never thought I would experience anything like a Finnish sauna in Ghana, but it was a close as you can get. It's 40 degrees celsius outside and I've taken cover cause I'm Irish and need extreme forms of skin hydration from a multitude of precipitation forms in order to function normally. That aside Tamale is a city of a thousand bicycles and a nice change from the southern areas of Ghana. I'll post some pics soon.

2 comments:

Mr. Freer said...

I'm a history teacher in Miami and I'm enjoying your blog greatly!

Ben Tetteh said...

Nice blog. just stomped on your site. Being a Ghanaian, i feel ashamed when i read negatives stuff about my country, but it's all true. thumbs up for the effort. As the great Bob Marley said "emancipate yourself from mental slavery...". Either that or our independence is truly meaningless as has been proved by ourselves for so many years now. God help Africa