Monday, August 11, 2008

It's vaccination time


Hepatitis A (€47); Typhoid(€35); Yellow fever(€35); Meningococcus(€55); Polio/Tetanus/Diphteria(€30); Hepatitis B(€32); Rabies(€26); Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR - €?) and Tetanus-diphtheria; Malaria(€?)

Uh oh - looks like I'm going to get a lot of jabbing very soon.

I rang home today to my local health clinic in Banagher, as I need a bit of a reminder about what exactly I received prior to travelling to Haiti in 2001. I'll find out exactly tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I can strike Yellow fever, Polio/ Tetanus/Diphteria. I may need a few boosters for the others. I plan to head home on Friday, roll up my sleeve, squeeze shut my eyes, put a sock in my mouth and get some serious doses of bacteria under my epidermis.

It's a sharp jab in the wallet as well. The rates in Ireland, including consultation fee, amount to at least €260. Gulp! But I'm hoping that the previous jabs will cut a good chunk out of it.

And I'm also hoping the local GP, nurse doesn't take too many chunks out of me on Friday!

No comments: