Monday, August 25, 2008

Patience isn't just a popular card game


It embodies everything when one is preparing to volunteer, travel, move house, amongst an abundance of other stressful yet exciting transitions. We're still waiting to find out if we will be able to share accommodation through Dorota's organisation. If not, there are contigency plans, but it doesn't help ease the stress factor.

On a positive note though, I found out on Wednesday from Thomas Cook travel agents that British Midland fly Dublin-London-Accra return for €813. That's €70 lower than the previous cheapest quote of €874 we had received with Lufthansa. Dorota heads back to Poland this Thursday so I will be all on my own in overcast Dublin. Let's hope I get relief work in homeless shelters asap for the last month before I head off. Question now is whether to leave early October around the same time as Dorota, or wait, let her settle in, and head over a few weeks later.

Lots of questions, not so many answers at this stage.

I will also have to make do with a 6 month holiday visa initially unless I get an invitation letter from a host organisation. That would grant me the possibility of a 1 year work/volunteering visa.

Anyhow, I'll get the jabs over and done with soon to have that out of the way. One hurdle off the list will help in the long run.