Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Donations gratefully accepted



Thank you so much for donating to my voluntary work in Kumasi, Ghana. I really appreciate it, will ensure that your money is spent wisely and give a full account of how it has been used through this blog, accompanied with photos when possible.

I am prepared to cover all my costs to volunteer and have been working and saving for over a year to do so. However, if you can specify whether you would like part of your donation to help cover my vaccine, flight, visa costs, etc. (I promise it won't go towards pizzas or tourism) or to just assist the educational and community development projects I will be engaged in, then please let me know by adding a comment here or emailing me at dbamoran@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your generosity and please let friends know about this blog. Although donations are important, education and knowledge about the benefits of volunteering and our responsibilities to help make trade fair, donate aid without strings attached, alleviate debt unconditionally, etc. are of far more importance in the long-term.

The money you have donated will assist in the provision of much-needed resources, like the financing of school books and equipment or key infrastructure for small community development projects in the form of computer gear and medicine. More details of how your donation has been used will be given in detail here from mid-October 2008 to the summer of 2009.

On return to Europe in August 2009 I will be available to speak at schools, churches, social centres, sitting rooms, pubs, etc. about my voluntary work in Ghana, in addition to previous work on a wide range of social justice issues. For more background on my activities go to my olderPeacenikhurler blog, anti-war acquittal website PeaceonTrial, Palestinian diary, Polish anti-war activities, amongst others.

Please keep in touch as will I through regular blogging here.

I would really like to teach my students how to say 'Thank you' like the above image from this interesting teaching website

No comments: