Saturday, October 4, 2008

Flights to Ghana - More hardship

Murphy's Law continues. Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. Well, at least it tests one's resilience. After months of researching flights with limited information as to when I could exactly go ahead and book one, I tried British Airways yesterday. Unfortunately, when one is going to West Africa, your Mastercard or Visa does not have 'secure code', then you cannot book online. 

When I rang Bank of Ireland credit card services I was told that they don't offer 'secure code' services. However, British Airways claim that once you get an Executive, Silver or Gold credit card then you should be able to secure your payment and reservation.

Therefore, if you have an Irish credit card and want to travel to West Africa you have to go their Dublin office in person. The catch, you have to have your passport. Unfortunately I won't have mine back from the passport office until Thursday.

Is your head spinning yet? 

At least today I managed to put down a 96 hour reservation for departure from Dublin to Accra Oct. 16th, returning Aug. 15th 2009 for 952 euro. Let's hope they won't ask for my passport when I go to their office on Wednesday!

Hope this helps any volunteers who are planning on going to West Africa in the near future.

No comments: