Monday, October 6, 2008

Passport arrives, Visa and Flight Ticket on the way


The Passport Office have a great service in Dublin. One can log in online and check the status of their application by entering the reference code underneath the bar code on their receipt.

So I was happy to see that my renewed 10 year passport (obligatory for travel to West Africa) is 3 days early and ready for collection.

That opens all doors for me to get a 6 month visa in the Ghanaian consulate open between Tuesday and Thursday (opening hours 10-12 noon for those interested) and also for me to get to Dublin airport in order to pay for my ticket.

As posted earlier, British Airways flights to West Africa only accept Mastercard or Visa with 'secure code' (This is not the 3 last digits on the back of our card) which Bank of Ireland for one do not even offer their customers. Most British banks do provide the service but one needs to upgrade to Silver, Executive or Gold membership. A bit of a pain really.

Anyhow, things finally seem to be working out ok, and I'm looking forward to heading off on Thursday Oct. 16th. I never realised I would have had to scale so many obstacles just to get there though.

No comments: